This week’s list of interesting articles, stories and ephemera:
- The future of sports just might be the Screaming Eagles, a football team controlled by fans with smartphones.
- Social media isn’t bad or good—it favors outsiders, regardless of their aims.
- Learn sign language via gif.
- Watch Guy Henry become Peter Cushing’s Grand Moff Tarkin.
- The difference between stocks and bonds.
- Instagram now lets you share up to 10 photos or videos in a single post.
- Scientists discover seven earthlike planets orbiting a nearby star.
- What’s the value of a like?
- Archaeologists discover what might be the oldest known image on Earth.
And in honor of Mardi Gras, which, believe it or not, I’m bummed to be missing…